REFCOM Elite turns 25!
We are proud to be celebrating 25 years of our voluntary scheme REFCOM Elite, which demonstrates best practice in refrigerant management.
We will be celebrating this momentous occasion at an exclusive invite only party, in association with exclusive event sponsor Joblogic, held in central London on 29 September. Keep an eye out to see if you are one of the lucky ones to be invited!
The scheme traces its origins back to the original REFCOM, which was set up in 1996 by a group of contractors who wanted to demonstrate their commitment to high professional standards and responsible refrigerant handling.
In 2006 government officials at DEFRA approached REFCOM to help them set up a framework for a mandatory company certification scheme to ensure compliance with the new European F-Gas regulation. The Elite Scheme was used as the framework on a ‘low cost, light touch’ basis. After the establishment of the mandatory register in 2009, it remained a voluntary scheme for companies who wanted to go above and beyond simply achieving regulatory compliance and demonstrate higher professional standards.
We have had some great achievements over the years including the following highlights:
- Launched in July 1996, the first members on board were part of the RACHP Exec Committee which included Mac Marney Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Ltd, Mitchells (Gloucester) Ltd and Norwest Projects Ltd, all of which we are pleased to say are still REFCOM members
- Won 2007 RAC Cooling Award for our Refrigerant Tracking Database software in the Field Service Innovation of the Year category
- October 2016 - our online application was introduced, making applying for REFCOM membership more easier and quicker
- August 2019 - REFCOM Elite Supplier Scheme launched with Logicool as first approved member
- July 2020 – REFCOM Elite Supplier Scheme wins Initiative of the Year Award at ACR News Awards
- November 2020 – reached 300 REFCOM Elite member milestone!
- July 2021 - Shortlisted for RAC Cooling Award for COVID Frontline Achievement Award (Results TBC in Oct 2021)
- August 2021 - 7000th REFCOM F-Gas member milestone
'Joblogic, in collaboration with REFCOM, are relaunching our updated F-Gas Tracking & Reporting module, becoming the industry standard for F-Gas compliance. We have listened to members' feedback and implemented updates across the whole module, continuing to help contractors save time, increase efficiency and most importantly, support them in meeting all F-Gas obligations.
To celebrate the relaunch of our REFCOM module, we are offering 1 free user licence for life and a free space on our 1-to-1 REFCOM dedicated workshops, exclusively to REFCOM's 25th anniversary event attendees for a limited time only!
For our existing Clients we will hold workshops to introduce all of the new features and functionality in the new REFCOM Module to ensure that they get the best out of it. These features include:
- New Reporting and Export options
- Additional control over Cylinder Locations and movements
- Completely redesigned Asset F-Gas Logbook
- Customer Audit Information - Refrigerant Totals by Site
For our prospects, these workshops will involve setting them up with their free user licence, importing their data to the REFCOM module prior to the workshop and demonstrating how to use the module with their data to ensure compliance and provide detailed and accurate audit information to their customers.
Our new and improved F-Gas tracking and reporting module will be released on 24th September, but you can still claim your free user licence now and we'll be in touch! We're proud to be sponsoring REFCOM's 25th anniversary event and look forward to meeting you all there!'
There will be lots of exciting action over on our social media so keep a look out and follow us on:
You can read our news story about REFCOM Elite's 25 years here.